View : 75 Download: 0
‘Green chasm’ in clean-tech for air pollution: Patent evidence of a long innovation cycle and a technological level gap
- ‘Green chasm’ in clean-tech for air pollution: Patent evidence of a long innovation cycle and a technological level gap
- Ahn S.-J.; Yoon H.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Cleaner Production
- Journal of Cleaner Production vol. 272
- Air pollution; Chasm; Clean-tech; Innovation capability; Innovation cycle; Patent analysis
- Elsevier Ltd
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The dual challenges of economic development and environment conservation tend to be a lopsided discussion for developing countries. Compared with the concept of “poverty trap” or “middle-income trap” for economic development. The conceptualization of the difficulties and obstacles that developing countries are facing for environment conservation is rare to find. This study is one of efforts to balancing out the discussion by borrowing the concept of Moore's “chasm”. The study articulates the concept of “green chasm” to explain the discontinuation of latecomer's catch-up and enhanced forerunner's enduring leadership. Through the patent analysis of clean-tech for air pollution, the study found a long innovation Technological Innovation Systems (TIS) life cycle in clean-tech and a large technological gap in the catch-up cycle, which often lead the frustration of latecomer's experience to develop green innovation. This finding has led the policy proposal for overcoming “green chasm”. By classifying the window of opportunity for catch-up into six TIS functions and then by interpreting it as a transnational dimension, the following policies are suggested; the application of compulsory license, antitrust restriction, and export license easing measures for clean-tech. © 2020 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 커뮤니케이션·미디어학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.