View : 105 Download: 0
What should be included in web-based simulation for new nurses?
- What should be included in web-based simulation for new nurses?
- Kang, Sook Jung; Kim, Yoonjung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NURSE EDUCATION TODAY
- NURSE EDUCATION TODAY vol. 92
- New nurses; Clinical simulation; Web-based simulation; Nursing education; Educational needs
- CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate newly graduated nurses' educational needs for web-based simulation (WBS) education. Methods: A cross-sectional descriptive study was conducted with 132 registered nurses, regardless of their career length, working at a hospital in Korea. Data accrued through a self-reported questionnaire asking nurses about their educational needs. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, independent t-test ANOVA, and Scheffe test. Results: Almost all (96.2%) participants said that new nurses need simulation training, and 90.2% of participants said WBS is necessary. The highest ranked category was fundamental nursing knowledge, followed by fundamental nursing technique. Among 81 items of nursing education needs, top ranked items were cardiopulmonary resuscitation, care of artificial airways, oxygen therapy, and mechanical ventilation, which were mostly in the fundamental-nursing-techniques category. Educational needs significantly differed depending on participants' clinical experience (F = 5.37; p = .006), hospital types (t = -3.48; p = .001), and past experiences as a preceptor (t = 2.71; p = .008). Participants with 4 to 6 years of clinical experience, working in a hospital with more than 300 beds, and with experience as a preceptor, answered that new nurses have high educational needs WBS. Conclusions: WBS for new nurses should include fundamental nursing knowledge and techniques that can apply to clinical practice immediately after learning. Also, emergency nursing care should be included to prioritize adequately and cope with emergency situations. The use of WBS will help new nurses learn and adapt to the clinical setting, which can assist nurses in providing optimal care to patients with confidence.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.