View : 132 Download: 0
Heat shock protein 90 inhibitor AUY922 attenuates platelet-derived growth factor-BB-induced migration and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells
- Heat shock protein 90 inhibitor AUY922 attenuates platelet-derived growth factor-BB-induced migration and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells
- Kim, Jisu; Lee, Kang Pa; Kim, Born Sahn; Lee, Sang Ju; Moon, Byung Seok; Baek, Suji
- Ewha Authors
- 김범산; 문병석
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY & PHARMACOLOGY
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY & PHARMACOLOGY vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 241 - 248
- Atherosclerosis; AUY922; Heat shock protein 90; Platelet-derived growth factor; Vascular disease
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY &
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Luminespib (AUY922), a heat shock proteins 90 inhibitor, has anti-neoplastic and antitumor effects. However, it is not clear whether AUY922 affects events in vascular diseases. We investigated the effects of AUY922 on the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-BB-stimulated proliferation and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC). VSMC viability was detected using the XTT (2,3-bis-(2-methoxy-4-nitro-5-sulfophenyl)-2H-tetrazolium-5-carboxanilide) reagent. To detect the attenuating effects of AUY922 on PDGF-BB-induced VSMCs migration in vitro, we performed the Boyden chamber and scratch wound healing assays. To identify AUY922-mediated changes in the signaling pathway, the phosphorylation of protein kinase B (Akt) and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) 1/2 was analyzed by immunoblotting. The inhibitory effects of AUY922 on migration and proliferation ex vivo were tested using an aortic ring assay. AUY922 was not cytotoxic at concentrations up to 5 nM. PDGF-BB-induced VSMC proliferation, migration, and sprout outgrowth were significantly decreased by AUY922 in a dose-dependent manner. AUY922 significantly reduced the PDGF-BB-stimulated phosphorylation of Akt and ERK1/2. Furthermore, PD98059 (a selective ERK1/2 inhibitor) and LY294002 (a selective Akt inhibitor) decreased VSMC migration and proliferation by inhibiting phosphorylation of Akt and ERK1/2. Greater attenuation of PDGF-BB-induced cell viability and migration was observed upon treatment with PD98059 or LY294002 in combination with AUY922. AUY922 showed anti-proliferation and anti-migration effects towards PDGF-BB-induced VSMCs by regulating the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and Akt. Thus, AUY922 is a candidate for the treatment of atherosclerosis and restenosis.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.