View : 83 Download: 0
Assessment of the Efficacy of Lowering LDL Cholesterol with Rosuvastatin 10 mg in Four Korean Statin Benefit Groups as per ACC/AHA Guidelines (NewStaR4G)
- Assessment of the Efficacy of Lowering LDL Cholesterol with Rosuvastatin 10 mg in Four Korean Statin Benefit Groups as per ACC/AHA Guidelines (NewStaR4G)
- Kim, Kyung-Jin; Yoon, Junghan; Won, Kyung Heon; Lim, Sang-Wook; Chae, In-Ho; Lee, Sung Yun; Kim, Sang-Wook; Kim, Hyo-Soo
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MEDICINE
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MEDICINE vol. 9, no. 4
- Rosuvastatin; cholesterol; LDL; Asian
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) guidelines identified four statin benefit groups on the basis of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk reduction and proposed statin therapy by evidence-based intensity. Although these guidelines used randomized controlled trials with hard outcomes as exclusive evidence for its recommendations, a limited number of studies conducted in Asian countries makes its application of treatment strategy, intensity, and statin doses uncertain in these population. This prospective, multicenter study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of rosuvastatin 10 mg in the four statin benefit groups requiring high- or moderate-intensity statin therapy according to the ACC/AHA guidelines in the Korean population. The primary endpoint was percentage reduction in low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Secondary endpoints were percentage reduction in other lipids and achievement of >= 50% reduction in LDL cholesterol. Rosuvastatin 10 mg lowered LDL cholesterol by 61.4 mg/dL, a 44.9% decrease from baseline after eight weeks. Reduction of LDL cholesterol >= 50% was achieved in 46.3% of patients. Rosuvastatin 10 mg was generally well tolerated. In the Korean population, rosuvastatin 10 mg was favorable and tolerant in lowering LDL cholesterol in the four statin benefit groups requiring high- or moderate-intensity statin therapy according to the ACC/AHA guidelines.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.