View : 90 Download: 0
Audit Firm Attributes and Auditor Litigation Risk
- Audit Firm Attributes and Auditor Litigation Risk
- Kang, Minjung; Lee, Ho-Young; Mande, Vivek; Woo, Yong-Sang
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ABACUS-A JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING FINANCE AND BUSINESS STUDIES
- ABACUS-A JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING FINANCE AND BUSINESS STUDIES vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 639 - 675
- Auditor expertise; Auditor independence; Auditor's litigation risk; Professional liability insurance premiums
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This study examines the association between auditors' litigation risk and audit firm attributes. Using professional liability insurance premiums as a proxy for auditors' litigation risk, we present evidence that the risk is lower in audit firms having: (1) separate non-audit and audit divisions; (2) a higher proportion of partners; and (3) a higher annual growth in number of CPAs employed. Additionally, we find that the risk is higher in audit firms having: (1) operating losses; and (2) high revenue growth. Our results are consistent with the idea that audit firms' financial condition and organizational structure affect their independence/ expertise, and, in turn, their litigation risk. Our results are broadly supportive of the PCAOB's (2015) and US Department of Treasury's (2008) views that investors, audit committees, management, and other regulators could benefit from having access to financial and organizational information about audit firms.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.