View : 57 Download: 0
Coopetition in the soc industry: The case of qualcomm incorporated
- Coopetition in the soc industry: The case of qualcomm incorporated
- Kwon Y.; Kang D.; Kim S.; Choi S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity
- Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity vol. 6, no. 1
- Competitive dynamics; Coopetition; Qualcomm; System on chip industry
- MDPI Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute
- Document Type
- This study uses the lens of competitive dynamics to examine the coopetition process, which combines both cooperation and competition, employed by Qualcomm within the SoC (System on a Chip) design market related to smart devices. Qualcomm succeeded in developing the first SoC, which integrated GPS (Global Positioning System) and other software, and during the process of developing mobile chips has simultaneously cooperated and competed with competitors. In particular, Samsung, which began as a customer of the firm, has since become its competitor. By conducting descriptive case analysis, this study shows a coopetition process in the SoC industry and supplemented a coopetition study with the actual exemplary coopetition case. © 2020 by the authors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.