View : 6 Download: 0
Recent occurrence of PAHs and n-Alkanes in pm2.5 in Seoul, Korea and characteristics of their sources and toxicity
- Recent occurrence of PAHs and n-Alkanes in pm2.5 in Seoul, Korea and characteristics of their sources and toxicity
- Kang M.; Kim K.; Choi N.; Kim Y.P.; Lee J.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 김용표; 이지이
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health vol. 17, no. 4
- Diagnostic ratio; N-alkanes; PAHs; Source characteristics; Toxicity
- MDPI AG
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and n‐alkanes in particulate matter with an aerodynamic diameter of 2.5 micrometers or less (PM2.5) were quantified at Seoul, Korea in 2018. The seasonal differences in the total concentration of PAHs and n‐Alkanes were clear, where winter showed a higher concentration than that of summer. Compared to the PAHs measurements in 2002 at Seoul, the sum of PAHs concentrations in 2018 were reduced from 26.6 to 5.6 ng m−3. Major sources of the observed PAHs and n‐alkanes were deduced from various indicators such as diagnostic ratios for PAHs and Cmax, CPI, and WNA (%) indices for n‐alkanes. It was found that in winter coal and biomass combustions, and vehicular exhaust were major sources, while, in summer vehicular exhaust was major source. In addition, in winter, major emission sources were located outside of Seoul. The health effect from the recent level of PAHs was estimated and compared to the previous studies observed in Seoul, and it was found that, recently, the toxicity of PAHs in PM2.5 was significantly decreased, except for in the winter. © 2020 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.