View : 139 Download: 0
The use of biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs for inflammatory arthritis in Korea: results of a Korean Expert Consensus
- The use of biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs for inflammatory arthritis in Korea: results of a Korean Expert Consensus
- Park, Eun-Jung; Kim, Hyungjin; Jung, Seung Min; Sung, Yoon-Kyoung; Baek, Han Joo; Lee, Jisoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF INTERNAL MEDICINE
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF INTERNAL MEDICINE vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 41 - 59
- Expert consensus; Biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs; Inflammatory arthritis; Arthritis; rheumatoid; Spondylitis; ankylosing
- KOREAN ASSOC INTERNAL MEDICINE
- SCIE; KCI
- Document Type
- Biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (bDMARDs) are highly effective agents for the treatment of inflammatory arthritis; however, they also possess a potential risk for serious infection. Recently, with the rapid expansion of the bD-MARDs market in Korea, reports of serious adverse events related to the agents have also increased, necessitating guidance for the use of bDMARDs. Current work entitled, "Expert consensus for the use of bDMARDs drugs for inflammatory arthritis in Korea," is the first to describe the appropriate use of bDMARDs in the management of inflammatory arthritis in Korea, with an aim to provide guidance for the local medical community to improve the quality of clinical care. Twelve consensus statements regarding the use of bDMARDs for the management of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis were generated. In this review, we provide detailed guidance on bDMARDs use based on expert consensus, including who should prescribe, the role of education, indications for use, and monitoring strategies for safety.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.