View : 34 Download: 0
ASTM Standard Modified Fouling Index for Seawater Reverse Osmosis Desalination Process: Status, Limitations, and Perspectives
- ASTM Standard Modified Fouling Index for Seawater Reverse Osmosis Desalination Process: Status, Limitations, and Perspectives
- Jin Y.; Lee H.; Park C.; Hong S.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Separation and Purification Reviews
- Separation and Purification Reviews vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 55 - 67
- modified fouling index (MFI); pretreatment process; reverse osmosis; seawater desalination; Silt density index (SDI)
- Taylor and Francis Inc.
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Fouling indices have been extensively investigated in membrane applications, for evaluating the feed-water fouling potential and providing guidelines for the pretreatment process. For the past few decades, the silt density index (SDI) has been adopted as the most mature fouling index in many seawater reverse osmosis desalination plants. Recently, a modified fouling index (MFI) has gained attention since it compensates for the defects of the SDI. Its publication by ASTM Standard promoted more settlements in practical applications. To gain insight into the use of a membrane-fouling index, this paper reviewed SDI and MFI applications in laboratory-, pilot-, and plant-scale verifications, under conditions likely to be encountered in seawater desalination. The main focus was on the historical development of the fouling indices from theoretical basis to full-scale applications and the identification of future opportunities to expand their reliability in real applications. In particular, the practical implications associated with plant operation were documented to support an in-depth understanding of the MFI values. ©, Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.