View : 207 Download: 0
Predictive value of mesangial C3 and C4d deposition in IgA nephropathy
- Predictive value of mesangial C3 and C4d deposition in IgA nephropathy
- Nam, Ki Heon; Joo, Young Su; Lee, Changhyun; Lee, Sangmi; Kim, Joohwan; Yun, Hae-Ryong; Park, Jung Tak; Chang, Tae Ik; Ryu, Dong-Ryeol; Yoo, Tae-Hyun; Chin, Ho Jun; Kang, Shin-Wook; Jeong, Hyeon Joo; Lim, Beom Jin; Han, Seung Hyeok; Korean GlomeruloNEphritis STudy Ko
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY
- CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY vol. 211
- C3; C4d; Complement; IgA nephropathy
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We aimed to determine the relative contribution of each complement (C3 and C4d) deposition to the progression of IgA nephropathy (IgAN). We enrolled a total of 380 patients with biopsy-confirmed IgAN. Mesangial deposition of C3( < 2+ vs. >= 2 + ) and C4d(positive vs. negative) was evaluated by immunofluorescence staining and immunohistochemistry, respectively. Study endpoint was the composite of a 30% decline in eGFR or ESRD. The risk of reaching the primary outcome was significantly higher in patients having C3 >= 2+ and C4d( + ) than in corresponding counterparts. Adding C3 deposition to clinical data acquired at kidney biopsy modestly increased the area under the receiver-operating characteristic curve, net reclassification improvement, and integrated discrimination improvement (IDI); adding C4d increased IDI only. In conclusion, mesangial C3 and C4d deposition was an independent risk factor for progression of IgAN. C3 showed better predictability than C4d, suggesting that lectin pathway alone has limited clinical prognostic value.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.