View : 52 Download: 0
Pharmacokinetic Alteration of Paclitaxel by Ferulic Acid Derivative
- Pharmacokinetic Alteration of Paclitaxel by Ferulic Acid Derivative
- Lee, Jaeok; Chae, Song Wha; Ma, LianJi; Lim, So Yeon; Alnajjar, Sarah; Choo, Hea-Young Park; Lee, Hwa Jeong; Rhie, Sandy Jeong
- Ewha Authors
- 박혜영; 이화정; 이정연; 이재옥
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박혜영; 이화정; 이정연
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PHARMACEUTICS vol. 11, no. 11
- ferulic acid derivatives; P-glycoprotein; elimination; pharmacokinetics; bioavailability; paclitaxel
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- P-glycoprotein (P-gp) is known to be involved in multidrug resistance (MDR) and modulation of pharmacokinetic (PK) profiles of substrate drugs. Here, we studied the effects of synthesized ferulic acid (FA) derivatives on P-gp function in vitro and examined PK alteration of paclitaxel (PTX), a well-known P-gp substrate drug by the derivative. Compound 5c, the FA derivative chosen as a significant P-gp inhibitor among eight FA candidates by in vitro results, increased PTX AUC(inf) as much as twofold versus the control by reducing PTX elimination in rats. These results suggest that FA derivative can increase PTX bioavailability by inhibiting P-gp existing in eliminating organs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.