View : 114 Download: 0
Optimal Tailored Screening Protocol after Living Donor Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Optimal Tailored Screening Protocol after Living Donor Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Park, Min-Su; Lee, Kwang-Woong; Yi, Nam-Joon; Choi, Young Rok; Kim, Hyeyoung; Hong, Geun; Suh, Kyung-Suk; Kwon, Choon-Hyuck David; Joh, Jae-Won; Lee, Suk-Koo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN MEDICAL SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN MEDICAL SCIENCE vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1360 - 1366
- Carcinoma; Hepatocellular; Living Donors; Liver Transplantation; Recurrence; Screening
- KOREAN ACAD MEDICAL SCIENCES
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The indication for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is expanding in living donor liver transplantation (LDLT). Early detection and effective management of recurrence has become an important issue in LDLT for HCC. This study aimed to find an optimal screening protocol in terms of screening interval and screening tools by analyzing recurrence pattern after LDLT for HCC. A total of 205 LDLT patients in two centers from February 1999 to October 2010 was reviewed. Recurrence appeared in 55 cases. Six risk factors for recurrence were identified: preoperative alpha-fetoprotein > 400, Edmonson grade 3 or 4, tumor size > 7 cm, tumor number >= 7, minimal tumor necrosis in the transarterial chemoembolization group and positive micro-vascular invasion. Four groups with different ranges of index scores showed different recurrence-free survival and median time to recurrence. Group I showed low and late recurrence. Groups II and III showed linearly increased rate of recurrence until 18 months. Group IV showed very early recurrence within 6 months. Across the groups, extra-hepatic recurrence developed in more than 40% of cases and multi-organ recurrence rate was 20%. The screening interval should be different based on the risk of recurrence. Screening should include work-up for extra-hepatic recurrence as well as intra-hepatic recurrence.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.