View : 35 Download: 0
Velocity-selective magnetization-prepared non-contrast-enhanced cerebral MR angiography at 3 Tesla: Improved immunity to B0/B1 inhomogeneity
- Velocity-selective magnetization-prepared non-contrast-enhanced cerebral MR angiography at 3 Tesla: Improved immunity to B0/B1 inhomogeneity
- Qin, Qin; Shin, Taehoon; Schaer, Michael; Guo, Hua; Chen, Hanwei; Qiao, Ye
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE IN MEDICINE
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE IN MEDICINE vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 1232 - 1241
- non-contrast-enhanced MRA; cerebral MRA; velocity-selective pulse train
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- PurposeTo develop a Fourier-transform based velocity-selective (VS) pulse train that offers improved robustness to B0/B1 inhomogeneity for non-contrast-enhanced cerebral MR angiography (MRA) at 3 Tesla (T). MethodsVS pulse train I and II with different saturation bands are proposed to incorporate paired and phase cycled refocusing pulses. Their sensitivity to B0/B1 inhomogeneity was estimated through simulation and compared with a single refocused VS pulse train. The implementation was compared to standard time of flight (TOF) among eight healthy subjects. ResultsIn contrast to single refocused VS pulse train, the simulated VS profiles from proposed pulse trains indicate much improved immunity to field inhomogeneity in the brain at 3T. Successive application of two identical VS pulse trains yields a better suppression of static tissue at the cost of 20 approximate to 30% signal loss within large vessels. Average relative contrast ratios of major cerebral arterial segments applying both pulse train I and II with two preparations are 0.810.06 and 0.81 +/- 0.05, respectively, significantly higher than 0.67 +/- 0.07 of TOF-MRA. VS MRA, in particular, the pulse train II with the narrower saturation band, depicts more small vessels with slower flow. ConclusionVS magnetization-prepared cerebral MRA was demonstrated among normal subjects on a 3T scanner. Magn Reson Med 75:1232-1241, 2016. (c) 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 휴먼기계바이오공학부 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.