View : 206 Download: 0
EMCCD color correction based on spectral sensitivity analysis
- EMCCD color correction based on spectral sensitivity analysis
- Son, Jongin; Kang, Minsung; Min, Dongbo; Sohn, Kwanghoon
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS
- MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS vol. 75, no. 13, pp. 7589 - 7604
- Color correction; EMCCD; Spectral sensitivity
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The sensor response function of a color camera is very essential to understand an overall camera imaging pipeline and to process captured images. It is also true when we characterize underlying imaging behaviors of the electron multiplying charge coupled device (EMCCD) camera, which was recently proposed to acquire color images in low-light-level conditions. Unlike existing CCD cameras, the EMCCD camera contains partially uni-modal spectral sensitivity functions (SSFs), some of which consists of two base (bi-modal) functions, thus often leading to a serious color distortion in existing characterization techniques. To address this problem, we propose a novel method that corrects output colors of the EMCCD camera by analyzing its partially uni-modal characteristics. Specifically, our goal is to correct such color distortion by adjusting bi-modal SSFs to be uni-modal. We remove the secondary region of bi-modal channels using a pre-calculated spectral sensitivity of the EMCCD camera. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed method reduces the color distortion as well as enlarges a color gamut, which is crucial to color reproduction.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.