View : 24 Download: 0
Cross-Scale Cost Aggregation for Stereo Matching
- Cross-Scale Cost Aggregation for Stereo Matching
- Zhang, Kang; Fang, Yuqiang; Min, Dongbo; Sun, Lifeng; Yang, Shiqiang; Yan, Shuicheng
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 965 - 976
- Cost aggregation; local stereo matching; multiscale
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This paper proposes a generic framework that enables a multiscale interaction in the cost aggregation step of stereo matching algorithms. Inspired by the formulation of image filters, we first reformulate cost aggregation from a weighted least-squares (WLS) optimization perspective and show that different cost aggregation methods essentially differ in the choices of similarity kernels. Our key motivation is that while the human stereo vision system processes information at both coarse and fine scales interactively for the correspondence search, state-of-the-art approaches aggregate costs at the finest scale of the input stereo images only, ignoring inter-consistency across multiple scales. This motivation leads us to introduce an interscale regularizer into the WLS optimization objective to enforce the consistency of the cost volume among the neighboring scales. The new optimization objective with the inter-scale regularization is convex, and thus, it is easily and analytically solved. Minimizing this new objective leads to the proposed framework. Since the regularization term is independent of the similarity kernel, various cost aggregation approaches, including discrete and continuous parameterization methods, can be easily integrated into the proposed framework. We show that the cross-scale framework is important as it effectively and efficiently expands state-of-the-art cost aggregation methods and leads to significant improvements, when evaluated on Middlebury, Middlebury Third, KITTI, and New Tsukuba data sets.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.