View : 18 Download: 0
Korean public rental housing for residential stability of the younger population: analysis of policy impacts using system dynamics
- Korean public rental housing for residential stability of the younger population: analysis of policy impacts using system dynamics
- Hwang, Sungjoo; Lee, Jeehee; Yi, June-Seong; Kim, Mingyeong
- Ewha Authors
- 이준성; 황성주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ASIAN ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING
- JOURNAL OF ASIAN ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 185 - 194
- Public rental housing; housing policy; system dynamics; housing market; policy impacts
- TAYLOR &
- SCIE; AHCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- To alleviate the burden of high residential costs for the younger population, the Korean government has recently implemented a public rental housing program for those who are vulnerable in their residential conditions and endure low quality of life. This program is not yet fully effective in achieving its policy aim because of lengthy construction periods and consistent vacancies (despite high demand). To address this issue, policy guidelines are sought. This study comprehensively models supply and demand of public rental housing and analyzes the effects of diverse policies on the rental housing system behaviour. To represent the rental housing system, system dynamics is applied which consists of continuous simulation based on causal relationships among variables encompassing their time-lagged effects (and in which system variables are highly interdependent). By testing the effects of policy variables of public rental housing delivery strategies upon the system, the developed model provides an in-depth understanding of policy impacts towards achieving a desired policy objective (in this case to accommodate more public rental housing demands by minimizing vacancy rates). The results provide guidelines for developing detailed policies for more efficient public rental housing project delivery, which can contribute to alleviating the residential problems of the younger population.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 건축도시시스템공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.