View : 95 Download: 0
Dummy run of quality assurance program before prospective study of hippocampus-sparing whole-brain radiotherapy and simultaneous integrated boost for multiple brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer: Korean radiation oncology Group (KROG) 17-06 study
- Dummy run of quality assurance program before prospective study of hippocampus-sparing whole-brain radiotherapy and simultaneous integrated boost for multiple brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer: Korean radiation oncology Group (KROG) 17-06 study
- Chung E.; Noh J.M.; Lee K.C.; Kim J.H.; Chung W.K.; Suh Y.-G.; Lee J.A.; Seol K.H.; Wu H.G.; Kim Y.S.; Noh O.K.; Park J.W.; Lee D.S.; Lee J.; Park W.-Y.; Kang M.K.; Jo S.; Ahn Y.C.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Cancer Research and Treatment
- Cancer Research and Treatment vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 1001 - 1010
- Dummy run; Hippocampus-sparing whole brain radiotherapy; Multi-institutional study; Non-small cell lung cancer; QA program
- Korean Cancer Association
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Purpose Lung Cancer Subcommittee of Korean Radiation Oncology Group (KROG) has recently launched a prospective clinical trial (KROG 17-06) of hippocampus-sparing whole brain radiotherapy (HS-WBRT) with simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) in treating multiple brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer. In order to improve trial quality, dummy run studies among the participating institutions were designed. This work reported the results of two-step dummy run procedures of the KROG 17-06 study. Materials and Methods Two steps tested hippocampus contouring variability and radiation therapy planning compliance. In the first step, the variation of the hippocampus delineation was investigated for two representative cases using the Dice similarity coefficients. In the second step, the participating institutions were requested to generate a HS-WBRT with SIB treatment plan for another representative case. The compliance of the treatment plans to the planning protocol was evaluated. Results In the first step, the median Dice similarity coefficients of the hippocampus contours for two other dummy run cases changed from 0.669 (range, 0.073 to 0.712) to 0.690 (range, 0.522 to 0.750) and from 0.291 (range, 0.219 to 0.522) to 0.412 (range, 0.264 to 0.598) after providing the hippocampus contouring feedback. In the second step, with providing additional plan priority and extended dose constraints to the target volumes and normal structures, we observed the improved compliance of the treatment plans to the planning protocol. Conclusion The dummy run studies demonstrated the notable inter-institutional variability in delineating the hippocampus and treatment plan generation, which could be decreased through feedback from the trial center. Copyright © 2019 by the Korean Cancer Association This is an Open-Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.