View : 55 Download: 0
2-(trimethylammonium)ethyl (R)-3-methoxy-3-oxo-2-stearamidopropyl phosphate enhances thrombopoietin-induced megakaryocytic differentiation and plateletogenesis
- 2-(trimethylammonium)ethyl (R)-3-methoxy-3-oxo-2-stearamidopropyl phosphate enhances thrombopoietin-induced megakaryocytic differentiation and plateletogenesis
- Kim, Jusong; Jin, Guanghai; Lee, Jisu; Lee, Kyeong; Bae, Yun Soo; Kim, Jaesang
- Ewha Authors
- 배윤수; 김재상
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 배윤수; 김재상
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BMB REPORTS
- BMB REPORTS vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 434 - 438
- (R)-TEMOSPho; Megakaryocyte; Platelet; Thrombopoietin
- KOREAN SOCIETY BIOCHEMISTRY &
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- We have previously reported the effects of 2-(trimethylammonium)ethyl (R)-3-methoxy-3-oxo-2-stearamidopropyl phosphate [(R)-TEMOSPho], a synthetic phospholipid, on megakaryocytic differentiation of myeloid leukemia cells. Here, we demonstrate that (R)-TEMOSPho enhances megakaryopoiesis and plateletogenesis from primary hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) induced by thrombopoietin (TPO). Specifically, we demonstrate at sub-saturation levels of TPO, the addition of (R)-TEMOSPho enhances differentiation and maturation of megakaryocytes (MKs) from murine HSCs derived from fetal liver. Furthermore, we show that production of platelets with (R)-TEMOSPho in combination with TPO is also more efficient than TPO alone and that platelets generated in vitro with these two agents are as functional as those from TPO alone. TPO can thus be partly replaced by or supplemented with (R)-TEMOSPho, and this in turn implies that (R)-TEMOSPho can be useful in efficient platelet production in vitro and potentially be a valuable option in designing cell-based therapy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.