View : 48 Download: 0
Relationship between preventive health behavior and socially responsible consumer behavior and the mediation effect of health consciousness
- Relationship between preventive health behavior and socially responsible consumer behavior and the mediation effect of health consciousness
- Lee H.; Acharya L.; Collins B.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Asia Life Sciences
- Asia Life Sciences vol. SUPPLEMENT 15, no. 3, pp. 1843 - 1853
- Health consciousness; Preventive health behavior; Socially responsible consumer behavior
- Rushing Water Publishers Ltd.
- Document Type
- The main purpose of this current study was to explore the link between preventive health behavior and socially responsible consumer behavior and further to reveal the mediation effect of health consciousness on the relationship. For the purpose of this study, internet-based survey of 489 participants was conducted. The results supported the positive relationship of socially responsible consumer behavior to preventive health behavior and the mediating effect of health consciousness on the relationship. However, the mediating effects of health consciousness were not identified in the sub-group of low levels of education, despite holding the significant association between socially responsible consumer behavior and preventive health behavior. This might imply that consumers with low levels of education might be motivated by other needs more directly relevant to their socio-economic lives, than health. Also, health information, literacy might be a significant mediator along with health consciousness. Overall, this research also sheds light on building segmentation strategies in the health communication intervention area at the practical level as both socially responsible consumer behavior and health consciousness help develop audience segmentation. © Rushing Water Publishers Ltd. 2018.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 소비자학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.