View : 26 Download: 0
Effect of semiconductor polymer backbone structures and side-chain parameters on the facile separation of semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes from as-synthesized mixtures
- Effect of semiconductor polymer backbone structures and side-chain parameters on the facile separation of semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes from as-synthesized mixtures
- Lee, Dennis T.; Chung, Jong Won; Park, Geonhee; Kim, Yun-Tae; Lee, Chang Young; Cho, Yeonchoo; Yoo, Pil J.; Han, Jae-Hee; Shin, Hyeon-Jin; Kim, Woo-Jae
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE
- APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE vol. 429, pp. 264 - 271
- SWNT separation; sc-SWNT; Semiconductor polymer; Side chain; Backbone structure
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) show promise as core materials for next generation solar cells and nanoelectronic devices. However, most commercial SWNT production methods generate mixtures of metallic SWNTs (m-SWNTs) and semiconducting SWNT (sc-SWNTs). Therefore, sc-SWNTs must be separated from their original mixtures before use. In this study, we investigated a polymer-based, noncovalent sc-SWNT separation approach, which is simple to perform and does not disrupt the electrical properties of the SWNTs, thus improving the performance of the corresponding sc-SWNT-based applications. By systematically investigating the effect that different structural features of the semiconductor polymer have on the separation of sc-SWNTs, we discovered that the length and configuration of the alkyl side chains and the rigidity of the backbone structure exert significant effects on the efficiency of sc-SWNT separation. We also found that electron transfer between the semiconductor polymers and sc-SWNTs is strongly affected by their energy-level alignment, which can be tailored by controlling the donor-acceptor configuration in the polymer backbone structures. Among the polymers investigated, the highly planar P8T2Z-C12 semiconductor polymer showed the best sc-SWNT separation efficiency and unprecedentedly strong electronic interaction with the sc-SWNTs, which is important for improving their performance in applications. (C) 2017 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.