View : 190 Download: 0
Sequential Protein-Responsive Nanophotosensitizer Complex for Enhancing Tumor-Specific Therapy
- Sequential Protein-Responsive Nanophotosensitizer Complex for Enhancing Tumor-Specific Therapy
- Li X.; Fan H.; Guo T.; Bai H.; Kwon N.; Kim K.H.; Yu S.; Cho Y.; Kim H.; Nam K.T.; Yoon J.; Zhang X.-B.; Tan W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS Nano
- ACS Nano vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 6702 - 6710
- activatable; Nanophotosensitizer; photodynamic therapy; phthalocyanine; protein-responsive
- American Chemical Society
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A major challenge in cancer treatment is the development of effective tumor-specific therapeutic methods that have minimal side effects. Recently, a photodynamic therapy (PDT) technique using activatable photosensitizers (aPSs) has shown great potential for cancer-specific treatment. Here, we develop a sequential protein-responsive aPS (PcC4-MSN-O1) that is based on zinc(II) phthalocyanine derivative (PcC4)-entrapped mesoporous silica nanoparticles (MSNs) and a wrapping DNA (O1) as a biogate. Inside the nanostructure of PcC4-MSN-O1, PcC4 shows self-quenching photoactivity. However, when PcC4-MSN-O1 sequentially reacts with telomerase and albumin, its photoactivity is dramatically turned on. Therefore, PcC4-MSN-O1 displays selective phototoxicity against cancer cells (e.g., HeLa) over normal cells (e.g., HEK-293). Following systemic PcC4-MSN-O1 administration, there is an obvious accumulation in HeLa tumors of xenograft-bearing mice, and laser irradiation clearly induces the inhibition of tumor growth. Moreover, the time-modulated activation process in tumors and the relatively fast excretion of PcC4-MSN-O1 indicate its advantages in reducing potential side effects. © 2019 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.