View : 103 Download: 0
Developmental Trajectories and Predictors of Social Exclusion Among Older Koreans: Exploring the Multidimensional Nature of Social Exclusion
- Developmental Trajectories and Predictors of Social Exclusion Among Older Koreans: Exploring the Multidimensional Nature of Social Exclusion
- Chung S.; Jeon H.; Song A.; Kim J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Social Indicators Research
- Social Indicators Research vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 97 - 112
- Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing (KLoSA); Korean older people; Social exclusion
- Springer Netherlands
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The purpose of this paper was to investigate the developmental patterns of social exclusion among older Koreans over time. In addition, we identified the significant determinants that may increase the risk of social exclusion among older Koreans. The analyses were based on the panel data from the Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing and included older adults from 2008 to 2012 (N = 24,074) for the final analysis. Social exclusion was categorized into four different sub-dimensions: financial, social relational, social cultural, and emotional. The analysis was based on a semi-parametric group-based approach followed by multinomial logistic regression. The results showed considerable variations and different developmental trajectories by the social exclusion sub-dimensions among older Koreans; in particular, the results showed that being older, male, and less educated were significant indicators of social exclusion. This study adds to the limited body of literature on longitudinal studies of social exclusion among older Koreans, and the results will help develop interventions for older Koreans who are socially isolated. © 2018, Springer Nature B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 사회복지학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.