View : 228 Download: 0
Healing from Childhood Sexual Abuse: A Meta-Synthesis of Qualitative Studies
- Healing from Childhood Sexual Abuse: A Meta-Synthesis of Qualitative Studies
- Jeong, Sookyung; Cha, Chiyoung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
- JOURNAL OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 383 - 399
- Adult survivors; child abuse; sexual; mental healing; review literature; qualitative research
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR &
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Although the global prevalence of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) is very high, the experience of healing after such abuse has not been well documented. The goal of this study was to characterize the healing experience among CSA survivors presented in the literature. Metaethnography was used to synthesize an integrative literature review. The CINAHL, PubMed, PsycINFO, and Web of Science databases were used as data sources. Eight articles that explored healing experiences from CSA, published between 2007 and 2017, were included in the analysis. After performing a quality assessment, line-of-argument synthesis was used to construct the integrating scheme of healing experiences from CSA. CSA healing experiences included dissociating oneself from the memories of CSA, finding peace by creating a comfort zone, disclosure as the start of healing, attempting to establish identity through ongoing self-reflective activities, feeling comfort by sharing experiences and connecting with CSA survivors, and accepting CSA as part of the life history and stepping forward. Healing experiences from CSA synthesized from the analysis focused on personal growth, supporting previous theory on CSA health in the broader literature. A tailored care plan could be developed for CSA survivors who are at varying stages of healing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.