View : 68 Download: 0
Estimation of Source-Based Aerosol Optical Properties for Polydisperse Aerosols from Receptor Models
- Estimation of Source-Based Aerosol Optical Properties for Polydisperse Aerosols from Receptor Models
- Jung, Chang Hoon; Lee, Ji Yi; Um, Junshik; Lee, Seoung Soo; Yoon, Young Jun; Kim, Yong Pyo
- Ewha Authors
- 김용표; 이지이
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL vol. 9, no. 7
- mass extinction efficiency; SMP receptor model; size- and source-resolved aerosol optical properties; polydispersity
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We estimated source-based aerosol optical properties for polydisperse aerosols according to a chemical-species-resolved mass contribution method based on source apportionment. We investigated the sensitivity of aerosol optical properties based on PM2.5 (particulate matter that have a diameter of less than 2.5 micrometers) monitoring results. These aerosols were composed of ions, metals, elemental carbon, and water-soluble organic carbon which includes humic-like carbon substances and water-soluble organic carbon. We calculated aerosols' extinction coefficients based on the PM2.5 composition data and the results of a multivariate receptor model (Solver for Mixture Problem model, SMP). Based on the mass concentration of chemical composition and nine sources calculated with the SMP receptor model, we estimated the size-resolved mass extinction efficiencies for each aerosol source using a multilinear regression model. Consequently, this study quantitatively determined the size resolved sources contributing to the apportionment-based aerosol optical properties and calculated their respective contributions. The results show that source-resolved mass concentrations and extinction coefficients had varying contributions. This discrepancy between the source-based mass concentration and extinction coefficient was mainly due to differences between the source-dependent aerosol size distribution and the aerosol optical properties from different sources.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.