View : 271 Download: 0
Anti-Inflammatory Effects of High Hydrostatic Pressure Extract of Mulberry (Morus alba) Fruit on LPS-Stimulated RAW264.7 Cells
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects of High Hydrostatic Pressure Extract of Mulberry (Morus alba) Fruit on LPS-Stimulated RAW264.7 Cells
- Jung, Sunyoon; Lee, Mak-Soon; Choi, Ae-Jin; Kim, Chong-Tai; Kim, Yangha
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MOLECULES vol. 24, no. 7
- mulberry fruit; high hydrostatic pressure; macrophage; inflammation
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Mulberry fruit (Morus alba L.) contains abundant bioactive compounds, including anthocyanins and flavonols, and has been reported to possess potent beneficial properties including anticancer, antidiabetic, and anti-oxidant effects. High hydrostatic pressure (HHP) processing, a nonthermal food processing technology, is suitable for the extraction of bioactive compounds from plants. Nevertheless, the anti-inflammatory effects of HHP extract of mulberry fruit (HM) in RAW264.7 cells remain unclear. The present study aimed to investigate the anti-inflammatory effects of HM on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammation in vitro. RAW264.7 cells were treated with various concentrations (0.1-1 mu g/mL) of HM in the presence or absence of LPS. HM inhibited the inflammatory mediator, nitric oxide (NO) release, and mRNA expression of nitric oxide synthase 2 (NOS2) in LPS-induced RAW264.7 cells. In addition, HM suppressed both mRNA and protein expressions of prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 (PTGS2). Moreover, it reduced the LPS-induced secretion of proinflammatory cytokines such as interleukin (IL)-6 and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha. These results revealed that HM exerts anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting several mediators and cytokines involved in the inflammatory process.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.