View : 15 Download: 0
Recent Advances in the Metabolic Engineering of Klebsiella pneumoniae: A Potential Platform Microorganism for Biorefineries
- Recent Advances in the Metabolic Engineering of Klebsiella pneumoniae: A Potential Platform Microorganism for Biorefineries
- Rhie, Mi Na; Kim, Hee Taek; Jo, Seo Young; Chu, Luan Luong; Baritugo, Kei-Anne; Baylon, Mary Grace; Lee, Jinwon; Na, Jeong-Geol; Kim, Lyul Ho; Kim, Tae Wan; Park, Chulhwan; Hong, Soon Ho; Joo, Jeong Chan; Park, Si Jae
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOPROCESS ENGINEERING
- BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOPROCESS ENGINEERING vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 48 - 64
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; biorefinery; metabolic engineering; microbial cell factory; carbon utilization; biomass
- KOREAN SOC BIOTECHNOLOGY &
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The production of industrial chemicals from renewable biomass resources is a promising solution to overcome the society's dependence on petroleum and to mitigate the pollution resulting from petroleum processing. Klebsiella pneumoniae is a nutritionally versatile bacterium with numerous native pathways for the production of well-known and industrially important platform chemicals derived from various sugars. Genomic sequence analyses have shown that the K. pneumoniae genome has a high similarity with that of Escherichia coli, the most studied organism, which is used in industrial biotechnology processes for fuel and chemical production. Hence, K. pneumoniae can be considered as a promising platform microorganism that can be metabolically engineered for the high-level production of bio-based chemicals. This review highlights the substrate metabolism and the metabolic engineering strategies developed in K. pneumoniae for the production of bio-based chemicals.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.