View : 305 Download: 0
Cohort profile: Beyond birth cohort study - The Korean CHildren's ENvironmental health Study (Ko-CHENS)
- Cohort profile: Beyond birth cohort study - The Korean CHildren's ENvironmental health Study (Ko-CHENS)
- Jeong, Kyoung Sook; Kim, Suejin; Kim, Woo Jin; Kim, Hwan-Cheol; Bae, Jisuk; Hong, Yun-Chul; Ha, Mina; Ahn, Kangmo; Lee, Ji-Young; Kim, Yangho; Ha, Eunhee; Park, Choonghee; Kim, Hyun Jeong; Jung, Soon-Won; Hong, Sooyeon; Jung, A-Ra; Lee, Jueun; Do Yu, Seung; Hwang, Namkyoung; Jeong, Dong Jin; Seo, Heung Won; Kim, Hae Soon; Lee, Myeongjee; Park, Eun Kyo; Lee, Seulbi; Kook, Hoon; Baek, Hee Jo; Moon, Jai Dong; Park, Won Ju; Shin, Myung-Geun; Paik, Ki-Chung; Kwon, Ho-Jang; Lim, Myung-Ho; Yoo, Seung Jin; Bae, Sanghyuk; Hong, Young-Seoub; Kim, Yu-Mi; Seo, Jeong-Wook; Kim, Myo Jing; Chueh, Hee Won; Lim, Dae Hyun; Kim, Jeong Hee; Park, Joohye; Kim, Donghyun; So, Hye Ju; Hong, Sung-Chul; Lee, Keun Hwa; Kim, Su-Young; Han, Yuri; Na, Sunghun; Noh, Byoungho; Kwon, Sung Ok; Choung, Ji Tae; Yoo, Young; Seo, Sung Chul; Kang, Hyeonju; Jang, Ji Yeon; Jung, Minyoung; Chun, Se-Jin; Kim, Young-Min; Kim, Jihyun; Lim, Youn-Hee; Park, Joong Shin; Park, Chan-Wook; Shin, Choong Ho; Woo, KuckHyeun; Choi, SungYong; Kim, JinKyung; Yang, Wonho; Hur, Jongil; Park, Myung-Sook; Choi, Kyung-Hwa; Lee, Seung-Hwa; Oh, Inbo; Lee, Jiho; Sim, Chang Sun; Ko-CHENS Study Grp
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH vol. 172, pp. 358 - 366
- Ko-CHENS; Children; Environment; Cohort profile; Birth cohort
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The Korean CHildren's ENvironmental health Study (Ko-CHENS) is a nationwide prospective birth cohort showing the correlation between the environmental exposures and the health effects to prevent the environmental diseases in children, and it provides the guidelines for the environmental hazardous factors, applying the life-course approach to the environmental-health management system. The Ko-CHENS consists of 5000 Core and 65,000 Main Cohorts. The children in the Core Cohort are followed up at 6 months, every year before their admission into the elementary school, and every 3 years from the first year after this admission. The children in the Cohort will be followed up through the data links (Statistics Korea, National Health Insurance Service [NHIS], and Ministry of Education). The individual biospecimens will be analyzed for 19 substances. The long-term-storage biological samples will be used for the further substance analysis. The Ko-CHENS will investigate whether the environmental variables including the perinatal outdoor and indoor factors and the greenness contribute causally to the health outcomes in the children and adolescents. In addition to the individual surveys, the assessments of the outdoor exposures and health outcomes will use the national air-quality monitoring data and claim data of the NHIS, respectively. The two big-data forms of the Ko-CHENS are as follows: The Ko-CHENS data that can be linked with the nationally registered NHIS health-related database, including the medical utilization and the periodic health screening, and the birth/mortality database in the Statistics; the other is the Big-CHENS dataset that is based on the NHIS mother delivery code, for which the follow-up of almost 97% of the total birth population is expected. The Ko-CHENS is a very cost-effective study that fully exploits the existing national big-data systems with the data linkage.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.