View : 65 Download: 0
Enhanced production of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate (PHB) by expression of response regulator DR1558 in recombinant Escherichia coli
- Enhanced production of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate (PHB) by expression of response regulator DR1558 in recombinant Escherichia coli
- Park, Sung-ho; Kim, Gi Bae; Kim, Hyun Uk; Park, Si Jae; Choi, Jong-il
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL MACROMOLECULES
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL MACROMOLECULES vol. 131, pp. 29 - 35
- dr1558; PHB; Recombinant E. coli
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- During microbial production of target product, accumulation of by-products and target product itself may be toxic to host strain. Thus, development of abiotic stress tolerant strains are essential to achieve high productivity of target product with sustained metabolism. Expression of DR1558 from Deinococcus radiodurans, a response regulator in two-component signal transduction system, was reported to increase the tolerance against oxidative stress in Escherichia coli. In this study, the effect of overexpression of DR1558 was examined on poly-3-hydroxybutyrate (PHB) production in recombinant E coli expressing Ralstonia eutropha PHB biosynthesis genes. It was found that dr1558 overexpressing E. coli produced 531 g PHB/L and 9.24 g dry cell weight/L, while control strain produced 1.52 g PHB/L and 4.47 g dry cell weight/L in 48 h shake-flask cultivation. Transcriptional analysis of E coli suggested that DR1558 could improve the expression efficiency of the genes related to central carbon metabolism and threonine bypass pathway in PHB producing E. coli. When thrABC genes were overexpressed, PHB content was increased in recombinant E. coli, which suggests that stress-tolerant genes from extremophiles should be useful in the development of engineered strains for the production of bio-based products. (C) 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.