View : 170 Download: 0
Development and Validation of the Cluster Headache Screening Questionnaire
- Development and Validation of the Cluster Headache Screening Questionnaire
- Chung, Pil-Wook; Cho, Soo-Jin; Kim, Byung-Kun; Kim, Soo-Kyoung; Lee, Mi Ji; Choi, Yun-Ju; Park, Jeong Wook; Kim, Byung-Su; Oh, Kyungmi; Moon, Heui-Soo; Song, Tae-Jin; Kang, Danbee; Cho, Juhee; Chung, Chin-Sang
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NEUROLOGY
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NEUROLOGY vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 90 - 96
- cluster headache; diagnosis; migraine; prevalence; questionnaire; screening
- KOREAN NEUROLOGICAL ASSOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Background and Purpose Cluster headache (CH) is frequently either not diagnosed or the diagnosis is delayed. We addressed this issue by developing the self-administered Cluster Headache Screening Questionnaire (CHSQ). Methods Experts selected items from the diagnostic criteria of CH and the characteristics of migraine. The questionnaire was administered to first-visit headache patients at nine headache clinics. The finally developed CHSQ included items based on the differences in responses between CH and non-CH patients, and the accuracy and reliability of the scoring model were assessed. Results Forty-two patients with CH, 207 migraineurs, 73 with tension-type headache, and 18 with primary stabbing headache were enrolled. The CHSQ item were scored as follows: 3 points for ipsilateral eye symptoms, agitation, and duration; 2 points for clustering patterns; and 1 point for the male sex, unilateral pain, disability, ipsilateral nasal symptoms, and frequency. The total score of the CHSQ ranged from 0 to 16. The mean score was higher in patients with CH than in non-CH patients (12.9 vs. 3.4, p<0.001). At a cutoff score of >8 points, the CHSQ had a sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, and negative predictive value of 95.2%, 96%, 76.9%, and 99.3%, respectively. Conclusions The CHSQ is a reliable screening tool for the rapid identification of CH.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.