View : 77 Download: 0
Laboratory diagnosis of clostridium difficile infection in korea: The first national survey
- Laboratory diagnosis of clostridium difficile infection in korea: The first national survey
- Chung H.-S.; Park J.S.; Shin B.-M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Annals of Laboratory Medicine
- Annals of Laboratory Medicine vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 317 - 321
- Clostridium difficile infection; Culture; Korea; Laboratory diagnosis; Nucleic acid amplification test; Survey; Toxin ab enzyme immunoassay
- Seoul National University, Institute for Cognitive Science
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- In May 2015, we conducted a voluntary online survey on laboratory diagnostic assays for Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) across clinical microbiology laboratories in Korea. Responses were obtained from 66 laboratories, including 61 hospitals and five commercial laboratories. Among them, nine laboratories reported having not conducted CDI assays. The toxin AB enzyme immunoassay (toxin AB EIA), nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), and C. difficile culture, alone or in combination with other assays, were used in 51 (89.5%), 37 (64.9%), and 37 (64.9%) of the remaining 57 laboratories, respectively, and 23 (40.4%) of the laboratories performed all three assays. Only one laboratory used the glutamate dehydrogenase assay. Nine laboratories used the toxin AB EIA as a stand-alone assay. The median (range) of examined specimens in one month for the toxin AB EIA, NAAT, and C. difficile culture was 160 (50-2,060), 70 (7-720), and 130 (9-750), respectively. These findings serve as valuable basic data regarding the current status of laboratory diagnosis of CDI in Korea, offering guidance for improved implementation. © 2019 Seoul National University. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.