View : 28 Download: 0
Superconductivity in Te-deficient polymorphic MoTe2-x and its derivatives: Rich structural and electronic phase transitions
- Superconductivity in Te-deficient polymorphic MoTe2-x and its derivatives: Rich structural and electronic phase transitions
- Kang S.H.; Yu H.S.; Baik J.; Yang H.; Lee Y.H.; Cho S.; Kim S.W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2D Materials
- 2D Materials vol. 5, no. 3
- polymorphism; superconductivity; transition metal dichalcogenide
- IOP Publishing Ltd
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The group 6 transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs) have been received great attentions due to intriguing superconducting states correlated with structural uncertainty and electronic complexity. Here, we synthesized Te-deficient polycrystals of semimetallic MoTe2-x and its derivatives (Mo1-y TM yTe2-x Ch x(TM: Nb, Mn and V, Ch: P)), and investigated the structural and electronic phase transitions. It was found that all Te-deficient semimetallic phases (monoclinic 1T′, hexagonal 2H and rhombohedral 3R) exhibited the superconducting transition, in which 2H and 3R structures were evolved in Nb-substituted Mo1-yNbyTe2-x (y = 0.4 for 2H, 0.6 for 3R), respectively. Moreover, we found that the superconducting state of 2H-and 3R-Mo1-yNbyTe2-x appears at the vicinity of the transition from insulator to semimetal regime with the increased electron concentration via TM substitution and Te-deficiency. It is revealed that all superconducting 1T′-, 2H- and 3R-Mo1-y TM yTe2-x Ch x semimetals show the half-dome shaped superconducting phase diagram with respect to the electron concentration and TM substitution. © 2018 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.