View : 99 Download: 0
Understanding social viewing through discussion network and emotion: A focus on South Korean presidential debates
- Understanding social viewing through discussion network and emotion: A focus on South Korean presidential debates
- Lee J.; Choi Y.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Telematics and Informatics
- Telematics and Informatics vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1382 - 1391
- Discussion network; Emotion; Opinion change; Presidential debates; Social viewing
- Elsevier Ltd
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- With the development of social media, television viewing is perceived no longer as an isolated activity. This study explores the underlying mechanism of the effects of social viewing discussion networks (i.e., bridging and bonding social viewing networks) on emotions (i.e., anger, fear, and enthusiasm), and moreover on opinion consolidation as well as opinion weakening in the context of the 2017 South Korean presidential debates. Overall, the main results are: a) Social viewing discussion networks influenced emotional states of social viewers, b) Emotions influenced attitude formation during social viewing, and c) Enthusiasm served as a catalyst that links bonding and bridging social viewing, and opinion consolidation. Implications and theoretical contributions are discussed. © 2018 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 커뮤니케이션·미디어학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.