View : 74 Download: 0
Profiling of Serum Metabolites Using MALDI-TOF and Triple-TOF Mass Spectrometry to Develop a Screen for Ovarian Cancer
- Profiling of Serum Metabolites Using MALDI-TOF and Triple-TOF Mass Spectrometry to Develop a Screen for Ovarian Cancer
- Lee, Jun Hwa; Kim, Yun Hwan; Kim, Kyung-Hee; Cho, Jae Youl; Woo, Sang Myung; Yoo, Byong Chul; Kim, Seung Cheol
- Ewha Authors
- 김승철; 김윤환
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김승철; 김윤환
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT
- CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 883 - 893
- Ovarian neoplasms; Low-mass ions; Serum metabolite; Hypoxanthine; Mass spectrometry
- KOREAN CANCER ASSOCIATION
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Purpose We sought to develop a matrix assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight (MALDI-TOF)-based, ovarian cancer (OVC), low-mass-ion discriminant equation (LOME) and to evaluate a possible supportive role for triple-TOF mass analysis in identifying metabolic biomarkers. Materials and Methods A total of 114 serum samples from patients with OVC and benign ovarian tumors were subjected to MALDI-TOF analysis and a total of 137 serum samples from healthy female individuals and patients with OVC, colorectal cancer, hepatobiliary cancer, and pancreatic cancer were subjected to triple-TOF analysis. An OVC LOME was constructed by reference to the peak intensity ratios of discriminatory low-mass ion (LMI) pairs. Triple-TOF analysis was used to select and identify metabolic biomarkers for OVC screening. Results Three OVC LOMEs were finally constructed using discriminatory LMI pairs (137.1690 and 84.4119 m/z; 496.5022 and 709.7642 m/z; and 524.5614 and 709.7642 m/z); all afforded accuracies of > 90%. The LMIs at 496.5022 m/z and 524.5614 m/z were those of lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC) 16: 0 and LPC 18: 0. Triple-TOF analysis selected seven discriminative LMIs; each LMI had a specificity > 90%. Of the seven LMIs, four with a 137.0455 m/z ion at retention times of 2.04-3.14 minutes were upregulated in sera from OVC patients; the ion was identified as that derived from hypoxanthine. Conclusion MALDI-TOF-based OVC LOMEs combined with triple-TOF-based OVC metabolic biomarkers allow reliable OVC screening; the techniques are mutually complementary both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.