View : 69 Download: 0
Conventional Dendritic Cells Impair Recovery after Myocardial Infarction
- Conventional Dendritic Cells Impair Recovery after Myocardial Infarction
- Lee, Jun Seong; Jeong, Se-Jin; Kim, Sinai; Chalifour, Lorraine; Yun, Tae Jin; Miah, Mohammad Alam; Li, Bin; Majdoubi, Abdelilah; Sabourin, Antoine; Keler, Tibor; Guimond, Jean V.; Haddad, Elie; Choi, Eui-Young; Epelman, Slava; Choi, Jae-Hoon; Thibodeau, Jacques; Oh, Goo Taeg; Cheong, Cheolho
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY
- JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY vol. 201, no. 6, pp. 1784 - 1798
- AMER ASSOC IMMUNOLOGISTS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Ischemic myocardial injury results in sterile cardiac inflammation that leads to tissue repair, two processes controlled by mono-nuclear phagocytes. Despite global burden of cardiovascular diseases, we do not understand the functional contribution to pathogenesis of specific cardiac mononuclear phagocyte lineages, in particular dendritic cells. To address this limitation, we used detailed lineage tracing and genetic studies to identify bona fide murine and human CD103(+) conventional dendritic cell (cDC) 1s, CD11b(+) cDC2s, and plasmacytoid DCs (pDCs) in the heart of normal mice and immunocompromised NSG mice reconstituted with human CD34(+) cells, respectively. After myocardial infarction (MI), the specific depletion of cDCs, but not pDCs, improved cardiac function and prevented adverse cardiac remodeling. Our results showed that fractional shortening measured after MI was not influenced by the absence of pDCs. Interestingly, however, depletion of cDCs significantly improved reduction in fractional shortening. Moreover, fibrosis and cell areas were reduced in infarcted zones. This correlated with reduced numbers of cardiac macrophages, neutrophils, and T cells, indicating a blunted inflammatory response. Accordingly, mRNA levels of proinflammatory cytokines IL-1 beta and IFN-gamma were reduced. Collectively, our results demonstrate the unequivocal pathological role of cDCs following MI.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.