View : 36 Download: 0
Ratio of autoantibodies of tumor suppressor AIMP2 and its oncogenic variant is associated with clinical outcome in lung cancer
- Ratio of autoantibodies of tumor suppressor AIMP2 and its oncogenic variant is associated with clinical outcome in lung cancer
- Jung J.Y.; Kim E.Y.; Kim A.; Chang J.; Kwon N.H.; Moon Y.; Kang E.J.; Sung J.S.; Shim H.; Kim S.; Chang Y.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Cancer
- Journal of Cancer vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1347 - 1354
- Aminoacyl t-RNA synthetase (ARS); Aminoacyl t-RNA synthetase-interacting multi-functional protein 2 (AIMP2); Aminoacyl t-RNA synthetase-interacting multi-functional protein 2-exon 2 deletion (AIMP2-DX2); Autoantibody; Lung cancer
- Ivyspring International Publisher
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase-interacting multi-functional protein 2 (AIMP2) works as potent tumor suppressor, while its splicing variant lacking exon 2 (AIMP2-DX2) competes with AIMP2 for binding to target proteins and compromises its anti-tumor activity. Assuming that AIMP2 and its variant AIMP2-DX2 could be released out to human sera in pathological condition, we investigated the diagnostic and prognostic usefulness of autoantibodies against AIMP2 and AIMP2-DX2 by measuring their serum levels in 80 normal and lung cancer samples that were matched in age, gender and smoking status. The area under the curve of AIMP2-DX2, AIMP2, and AIMP2-DX2/AIMP2 autoantibody ratio was low (0.416, 0.579, and 0.357, respectively), suggesting limited diagnostic value. A total of 165 lung cancer patients were classified into low and high AIMP2-DX2, AIMP2, and AIMP2-DX2/AIMP2 based on the median expression of each parameter. The high AIMP2-DX2 group was older and had larger tumors (>3 cm) than the low AIMP2-DX2 group. The high AIMP2-DX2/AIMP2 group had higher CYFRA-21 levels and significantly shorter overall survival than the low AIMP2-DX2/AIMP2 group (18.6 vs. 48.9 months, P = 0.021, Log Rank Test). Taken together, autoantibodies against AIMP2-DX2 and AIMP2 are detectable in the human blood and the increased ratio of AIMP2-DX2/AIMP2 is related to poor clinical outcome of lung cancer. © Ivyspring International Publisher.
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 바이오융합과학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.