View : 141 Download: 33
A prospective, open-label, multicenter, observational study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of bortezomib-melphalanprednisone as initial treatment for autologous stem cell transplantation-ineligible patients with multiple myeloma
- A prospective, open-label, multicenter, observational study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of bortezomib-melphalanprednisone as initial treatment for autologous stem cell transplantation-ineligible patients with multiple myeloma
- Kim M.K.; Kim K.; Min C.-K.; Kwak J.-Y.; Bae S.-B.; Yoon S.-S.; Lee J.-J.; Kim K.H.; Nam S.-H.; Mun Y.C.; Kim H.J.; Bae S.H.; Shin H.-J.; Lee J.-H.; Park J.S.; Jeong S.H.; Lee M.H.; Kim Y.-S.; Lee H.S.; Park K.W.; Lee W.-S.; Lee S.M.; Lee J.-O.; Hyun M.S.; Jo D.Y.; Lim S.-N.; Lee J.H.; Cho D.-Y.; Do Y.R.; Kim J.-A.; Park S.K.; Kim J.S.; Kim S.-J.; Kim H.; Yi H.G.; Moon J.H.; Choi C.W.; Kim S.-H.; Joo Y.D.; Kim H.-G.; Kim B.S.; Park M.-R.; Song M.-K.; Kim S.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Oncotarget vol. 8, no. 23, pp. 37605 - 37618
- Aged; Bortezomib; Combination; Drug therapy; Multiple myeloma
- Impact Journals LLC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone (VMP) showed superior efficacy versus MP as first-line treatment for transplantation-ineligible multiple myeloma (MM). This study investigated the efficacy of VMP for Korean patients with MM. Overall, 177 MM patients received 9 cycles of VMP in this prospective, multicenter, observational study. The primary endpoint was 2-year progression-free survival (PFS). Thirty-nine (22%) patients were aged ≥ 75 years and 83 (47.4%) patients had International Staging System stage III. A median of 5 cycles were delivered. Overall response rate (ORR) was 72.9%, and complete response (CR) rate was 20.3%. With a median follow-up of 11.9 months, median PFS was 17 months. The 2-year PFS and overall survival (OS) rates were 29.2% and 80.0%, respectively. Median OS was not reached. PFS was significantly different depending on performance status (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group < 2 vs. ≥ 2; p = 0.0002), β2-microglobulin level (< 5.5 vs. = 5.5 mg/L; p = 0.0481), and cumulative dose of bortezomib (< 35.1 vs. = 35.1 mg/ m2; p < 0001). The common adverse events (AEs) were in line with the well-known toxicity profiles associated with VMP. In conclusion, VMP is a feasible and effective front-line treatment for transplantineligible older patients with MM in Korea. Continuing therapy with prompt adjustment of treatment according to AEs may be important to improve outcomes of elderly patients. © Kim et al.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
A prospective, open-label, multicenter, observational study.pdf(1.81 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.