View : 42 Download: 1
An Analysis of the Carbon Fixation Change according to the Greenbelt Deregulation Using InVEST Model -In Case of Anyang and Gwacheon City-
- An Analysis of the Carbon Fixation Change according to the Greenbelt Deregulation Using InVEST Model -In Case of Anyang and Gwacheon City-
- Choi J.; Lee S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science
- IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science vol. 167, no. 1
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- The greenbelt regions in South Korea are now under the pressure of development as the greenbelt around urban areas is deregulated. Due to the greenbelt deregulation, the environment formerly conserved in the greenbelt is being turned into bare ground, which is reserved for development, or has already been developed. Government deregulated 10% of the greenbelt in Gyeonggi Province in 2015 to solve the housing problems and secure industrial areas. In view of the environmental conservation and development policies, the impact of greenbelt deregulation was analyzed in the present study by comparing the amount of carbon fixation before and after the greenbelt deregulation by using the InVEST model. In Anyang city, the ratio of urbanization was significantly increased for ten years within the temporal scope of the present study and the carbon fixation was decreased by 48485.05 Mg of C. In Gwacheon city, the carbon fixation was decreased by 8492.17 Mg of C in the same period. The result of the present study may provide fundamental data for analyzing the economic value of the greenbelt that may be deregulated in the future and estimating the impact that land development policies may have on the environment and the society. © Published under licence by IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
An Analysis of the Carbon Fixation Change.pdf(794.43 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.