View : 133 Download: 0
Recent Incidence of Paragonimus westermani Metacercariae in Freshwater Crayfish, Cambaroides similis, from Two Enzootic Sites in Jeollanam-do, Korea
- Recent Incidence of Paragonimus westermani Metacercariae in Freshwater Crayfish, Cambaroides similis, from Two Enzootic Sites in Jeollanam-do, Korea
- Song, Jin-Ho; Dai, Fuhong; Bai, Xuelian; Kim, Tae-Im; Yang, Hyun-Jong; Kim, Tong-Soo; Cho, Shin-Hyung; Hong, Sung-Jong
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF PARASITOLOGY
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF PARASITOLOGY vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 347 - 350
- Paragonimus westermani; metacercaria; freshwater crayfish; Wando; Haenam
- KOREAN SOC PARASITOLOGY, SEOUL NATL UNIV COLL MEDI
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- An epidemiological study was performed to know the recent infection status of Paragonimus westermani metacercariae (PwMc) in freshwater crayfish, Cambaroides similis, from 2 streams in Jeollanam-do, Republic of Korea. Crayfish were collected from creeks in Bogil-do (Island), Wando-gun, and in a creek near Daeheung Temple in Haenam-gun. The infection rate of crayfish with PwMc in Bogil-do was 89.8%, and the metacercarial burden was 37 PwMc per the infected crayfish. Crayfish in a creek near Daeheung Temple were larger and twice heavier than those in Bogil-do. Of them, 96.5% were infected with PwMc. An average of 140 metacercariae was found in the infected crayfish, almost quadruple to those of Bogil-do. There was a strong correlation between the number of PwMc and body weight of the crayfish. These results suggest that P. westermani metacercariae are still prevalent in crayfish of the 2 regions in Jeollanam-do, Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.