View : 100 Download: 0
Comparison of allergen responses based on the TRUE Test and IQ Chamber system in Korean patients
- Comparison of allergen responses based on the TRUE Test and IQ Chamber system in Korean patients
- Kwon, Won Joo; Ko, Joo Yeon; Ro, Young Suck; Kim, Myung Hwa; Kim, Byung Soo; Kim, Hye One; Nam, Jae Hui; Lee, Ga-Young; Park, Mi Youn; Son, Sang Wook; Yang, Jun Mo; Lee, Dong Hun; Lee, Ai Young; Lee, Jun Young; Chang, Sung Eun; Choi, Hae Young; Park, Eun Joo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF DERMATOLOGY
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF DERMATOLOGY vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 573 - 578
- concordance; IQ (R) Chamber; Korean standard series; patch test; TRUE Test (R)
- JOHN LIBBEY EUROTEXT LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Background: A comparison between responses to allergens based on the TRUE Test (R) (TT) and IQ (R) Chamber (IQC) in Europeans has been previously reported, however, no such study has been performed in Asians. Objectives: To compare allergen responses using the TT and IQC (using the Korean standard series) in order to gather more information regarding the positive response rates for each allergen and the clinical value of IQC. Materials & methods: Suspected contact dermatitis patients were enrolled and tested with 18 allergens using the TT and IQC. Results: The test was performed in 214 patients. Simultaneous positive results for both tests were recorded in 242 cases (positive concordance rate: 66.7%). IQC yielded more positive results. Allergens with a high positive concordance rate were nickel sulphate (82.1%), thimerosal (78.6%), and p-phenylenediamine (73.3%). IQC mostly showed similar or higher positive rates than TT, with high concordance. Conclusions: We recommend the IQC method as a screening test in patients with suspected contact dermatitis. To compensate for possible false positive results, careful history taking and a different patch test should be performed when appropriate.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.