View : 75 Download: 0
Self-regulation for Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA): Analysis of OBA notices
- Self-regulation for Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA): Analysis of OBA notices
- An S.; Kang H.; Jin H.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Promotion Management
- Journal of Promotion Management vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 270 - 291
- Ad Choices icon; Content analysis; Online behavioral advertising; Privacy; Selfregulation
- Document Type
- This study assessed how and to what extent self-regulation of online behavioral advertising (OBA) is executed on participating companies’ websites. Based on the principles of OBA, as outlined by the Digital Advertising Alliance and Federal Trade Commission, we analyzed the format of OBA notices, explanation of OBA notices, opt-out options, transparency, and use of unacceptable notices. A series of content analyses was done in the years 2013 and 2015. Our results indicated slight improvements over the years, but the specific details of the implementation continued to fall short of the standards. In terms of accessibility and visibility, many websites demonstrated problematic presentations or lack of the components necessary to increase consumers’ understanding and control over the practice of OBA. © 2018 Taylor and Francis. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 커뮤니케이션·미디어학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.