View : 168 Download: 0
Feminine storytelling in Transmedia Content: A focus on woman's diary
- Feminine storytelling in Transmedia Content: A focus on woman's diary
- Han H.-W.; Kim S.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology
- International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology vol. 114, pp. 23 - 34
- Collective narrative; Feminine storytelling; Polyphony; Transmedia storytelling
- Science and Engineering Research Support Society
- Document Type
- The purpose of this paper is primarily to analyze the narrative characteristics and study the feminine storytelling in transmedia content focused on woman's diary. Transmedia storytelling uses multiple media platforms to provide users with a big story experience. Particularly, it is composed of a rhizomatic structure which pursues transdimensional, non-hierarchical and multiplicitous characteristics as it uses a variety of media simultaneously. Users navigate through story blocks, select and combine them and connect to various media to solve the problem, to find the hidden clues and fill the blanks of the story. The formal characteristics of such transmedia content give significant effect on the theme of the content. Through the multiple channels of media, voices of subaltern such as youth, female, a person of color, etc. can be spoken out. In addition, a single event can be interpreted in various point-of-views. In this process, orality-literary interaction is pursued while restoring orality. 'Woman's diary' is a form and motif that reveals such intermediality, orality, polyphony, and hybridity. Woman's diary is a clue to the event and a puzzle to solve in transmedia content. This is also a private discourse that the Others are able to give their own voices. This study concludes that transmedia storytelling integrates binary oppositions between technology and art, orality and literacy, developer and user, and implements polyphony by practicing 'feminine writing' proposed by Hélène Cixous. © 2018 SERSC Australia.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 융합콘텐츠학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.