View : 39 Download: 0
Cardiac and pericardial18F-FDG uptake on oncologic PET/CT: Comparison with echocardiographic findings
- Cardiac and pericardial18F-FDG uptake on oncologic PET/CT: Comparison with echocardiographic findings
- Yi J.-E.; Yoon H.J.; Joo Hyun O.; Youn H.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 93 - 102
- 18F-FDG PET/CT; Cardiac metastases; Echocardiography
- Korean Society of Echocardiography
- Document Type
- BACKGROUND: Interpretation of cardiac uptake on 18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography (18F-FDG PET/CT) is often confounded by intense physiological FDG uptake and numerous benign conditions. The aim of the study was to describe the echocardiographic features in concordance with cardiac and pericardial18F-FDG uptake on whole-body oncology PET/CT. METHODS: We enrolled 43 consecutive patients (34 solid tumors, 8 lymphomas and 1 leukemia) who were newly diagnosed with non-cardiac malignancy showing incidental cardiac or pericardial18F-FDG uptake on PET/CT and underwent transthoracic Doppler echocardiography (TTE) within 1 month of PET/CT. The maximum standardized uptake (SUVmax) of all lesions was measured. RESULTS: Fifty-six18F-FDG uptake lesions (32 pericardium, 7 myocardium, 9 cardiac chambers and 8 great vessels) were found, and pericardial effusion was the most common echocardiographic finding (22/43, 51.2%) among study population. Pericardial FDG uptake was shown as pericardial effusion (68.8%), intrapericardial echogenic materials (31.3%), pericardial thickening (28.1%), hyperechogenicity of myopericardium (18.8%), and restricted sliding movement or constrictive pericarditis (15.6%) on TTE. Lesions with regional wall motion abnormality (p = 0.004) or constrictive pericarditis (p = 0.021) had significantly higher mean SUVmaxthan those without. Myocardial FDG uptake demonstrated pericardial effusion (57.1%), regional wall motion abnormality (57.1%), and increased myocardial wall thickness (42.9%). All cardiac chamber FDG uptakes showed intracardiac mass on TTE. CONCLUSIONS: Cardiac or pericardial18F-FDG uptake on oncology PET/CT shows characteristic echocardiographic features according to which heart sites are involved. © 2018 Korean Society of Echocardiography.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.