View : 26 Download: 0
Classification of Iris colors and patterns in Koreans
- Classification of Iris colors and patterns in Koreans
- Jang H.; Yoon J.; Kim Y.-J.; Park Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Healthcare Informatics Research
- Healthcare Informatics Research vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 227 - 235
- Color; Iris; Koreans; Pattern; Classification
- Korean Society of Medical Informatics
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Objectives: The iris is the part of the eye that is colored, and it is an important feature in making an artificial eye. To address the lack of information about the brown Korean irises, we classified the colors and patterns of the irises of 100 Korean eyes. Methods: The iris colors were extracted from 100 different digital photographs of each eye using K-mean clustering image analysis. The RGB data of the extracted colors were converted to CIELAB color space data and analyzed to determine the representative color of the iris in each photograph. The color differences were calculated to form groups of similar colors by matching the 100 samples into several groups with minimum color differences among them. The average hue value for each group was calculated, and the corresponding representative color was selected from 2 to 3 colors in one group. Results: The iris colors were classified into seven brown color groups with 2 to 3 colors in each group. The coloration of Koreans’ eyes appears to vary in a similar hue with differences in chroma and lightness. In addition, the iris patterns were classified into three basic patterns, namely, crown, sunshine, and flower, as well as three complex patterns that are mixtures of two basic patterns. Conclusions: We classified Korean iris colors and patterns for application in the design of artificial eyes. © 2018 The Korean Society of Medical Informatics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 조형예술대학 > 색채디자인전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.