View : 87 Download: 0
Cardiovascular disease risk factors and obesity levels in Korean adults: Results from the Korea national health and nutrition examination survey, 2007-2015
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and obesity levels in Korean adults: Results from the Korea national health and nutrition examination survey, 2007-2015
- Lim S.; Park Y.; Ju W.; Shin Y.; Yeom H.; Park K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Osong Public Health and Research Perspectives
- Osong Public Health and Research Perspectives vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 150 - 159
- Cardiovascular disease; Health; Obesity; Prevalence; Risk factors
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Objectives: The increase in the obesity rate in adult males in Korea is higher than countries in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development and other Asian countries. We examined the trends and prevalence of major risk factors for cardiovascular disease by evaluating the weight status amongst adults from 2007 to 2015. Methods: The study included 37,402 adults, who participated in the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The prevalence trends of cardiovascular disease risk factors were estimated for each body mass index group. Results: From 2007 to 2015, significant increases in the prevalence of hypertension, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia were observed in normal weight adults (0.03 percentage point (%p), 0.06%p, and 0.13%p, respectively). Amongst the overweight and obese adults, a significant increase in the prevalence of hypercholesterolemia was observed, During this period, the prevalence of smoking decreased amongst obese adults and no significant changes in drinking habits and physical activity were noted across all body mass index groups. Conclusion: The prevalence of obesity in Korean adults is increasing, and it is necessary to implement interventions to prevent further weight gain and obesity-associated cardiovascular disease. © 2018 Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.