View : 96 Download: 0
Most facile synthesis of Zn-Al:LDHs nanosheets at room temperature via environmentally friendly process and their high power generation by flexoelectricity
- Most facile synthesis of Zn-Al:LDHs nanosheets at room temperature via environmentally friendly process and their high power generation by flexoelectricity
- Choi M.-J.; Eom J.-H.; Shin S.-H.; Nah J.; Choi J.-S.; Song H.-A.; An H.; Kim H.Y.; Pammi S.V.N.; Choi G.; Choy J.-H.; Swathi I.; Jella V.; Park B.-J.; Choi J.; Yoon S.-G.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Materials Today Energy
- Materials Today Energy vol. 10, pp. 254 - 263
- Environmentally friendly synthesis; Flexoelectricity; High performance of energy harvesting; LDH nanosheets-based generators; Zn-Al:LDH nanosheets
- Elsevier Ltd
- Document Type
- We report the zinc/aluminum layered double hydroxides (Zn-Al:LDHs) nanosheets that were most facilely synthesized at room temperature via an environmentally friendly process and demonstrate their ability to convert mechanical deformation into an electrical stimulus by flexoelectricity. The 1 μm-thick Zn-Al:LDH nanosheets were most facilely synthesized for 2 h at room temperature after dipping the Al (10 at%)-doped ZnO (10AZO) (60 nm)/Au (10 nm)/10AZO (30 nm)-coated PET samples into the carbonated water that the CO2 in air was naturally captured in the water at room temperature. Based on the nanogenerators fabricated via facilely synthesized nanosheets, we observe a linear relationship between the output voltage and current generated by the centrosymmetric LDHs nanosheets and the curvature from bending, which is a direct evidence for flexoelectricity. We demonstrated the flexoelectric coefficient of our LDH nanosheet-based flexoelectric generators of 1.8 ± 0.35 μCm−1. The output power generated from the LDH nanosheet-based generators via a pushing shows higher performance than that from state-of-the-art flexoelectric PZT-MWCNT-based and piezoelectric BaTiO3 nanotubes-based generators. These findings could pave the way to the practical exploitation for environmentally friendly synthesis of LDH nanosheets using the CO2 in air and for harvesting the energy via LDH nanosheets-based generators. © 2018 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 수리과학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.