View : 16 Download: 0
Electrical Properties of Au/n-GaN Schottky Junctions with an Atomic-Layer-Deposited Al2O3 Interlayer
- Electrical Properties of Au/n-GaN Schottky Junctions with an Atomic-Layer-Deposited Al2O3 Interlayer
- Kim, Hogyoung; Cho, Yunae; Kim, Dong-Wook; Kim, Dong Ha; Kim, Yong; Choi, Byung Joon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- 0374-4884; 1976-8524
- vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 349 - 354
- GaN; Atomic layer deposition; Surface states; Barrier height
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- The temperature-dependent electrical properties of Au/GaN Schottky diodes with an Al2O3 layer prepared by using atomic layer deposition (ALD) were investigated. Compared to the Au/GaN junction, the Au/Al2O3/GaN junction was found to have lower barrier heights and higher ideality factors. For the Au/GaN junction, the native oxide and the thin surface barrier formed by surface states caused a large leakage current and a small capacitance. Due to surface passivation through the ALD process, the leakage current for the Au/Al2O3/GaN junction was reduced. The barrier height reduction for the Au/Al2O3/GaN junction was associated with interface dipole formation at the Al2O3/GaN interface.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.