View : 29 Download: 0
The J-shape association of serum total IgE levels with age-related cataract
- The J-shape association of serum total IgE levels with age-related cataract
- Park, Sangshin; Choi, Nam-Kyong
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
- 2222-3959; 2227-4898
- vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1009 - 1012
- IgE; allergy; cataract; eye
- IJO PRESS
- AIM: To address the association between serum total IgE levels and age-related cataract in adults. METHODS: The study participants consisted of 1052 adults aged 40y or older in the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2010. We performed multivariable logistic regression analyses using the quartile cut-points of total IgE levels. RESULTS: The odds ratios (ORs) for nuclear and any cataract with >= 267 kU/L of serum IgE levels were 1.75 [95% confidence intervals (CI), 1.04-2.96] and 2.00 (95% CI, 1.223.27), respectively, comparing to 35-87 kU/L. Interestingly, participants with <= 35 kU/L of IgE levels (OR, 1.67; 95% CI, 1.02-2.72) also had higher risk for any cataract than those with 35-87 kU/L. The risk for any cataract (OR, 1.48; 95% CI, 1.03-2.13) was higher in participants with high total IgE levels (> 50 kU/L), comparing to normal participants. CONCLUSION: Our findings indicate a J-shaped relationship between serum IgE levels and age-related cataract.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 융합보건학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.