View : 4 Download: 0
Korean Nationwide Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance in 2000 with special reference to vancomycin resistance in enterococci, and expanded-spectrum cephalosporin and imipenem resistance in gram-negative bacilli
- Korean Nationwide Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance in 2000 with special reference to vancomycin resistance in enterococci, and expanded-spectrum cephalosporin and imipenem resistance in gram-negative bacilli
- Lee K.; Kim M.Y.; Kang S.H.; Kang J.O.; Kim E.-C.; Choi T.Y.; Chong Y.; Cho H.C.; Ryoo N.; Jeong S.H.; Ha G.Y.; Park G.H.; Lee N.Y.; Kim W.-S.; Lee W.G.; Kim M.; Song K.S.; Cho J.; Hong S.-I.; Uh Y.; Hong K.S.; Paik I.K.; Pai S.H.; Lee H.S.; Jang S.-J.; Park A.J.; Rhim C.H.; Lee M.H.; Song W.; Park Y.J.; Shin J.H.; Hong S.G.; Sun Y.K.; Lee H.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Yonsei Medical Journal
- vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 571 - 578
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Antimicrobial resistance surveillance is necessary to determine the size of the problem and to guide empirical selection of antimicrobial agents for treating infected patients. The aim of this study was to analyze the results of susceptibility tests performed by hospitals participating in the Korean Nationwide Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance (KONSAR) program. The rates of oxacillin-resistant staphylococci, penicillin-non-susceptible pneumococci, and ampicillin-resistant E. faecium were over 70%. Ampicillin-resistant H. influenzae increased to 68%. Expanded-spectrum cephalosporin-resistant K. pneumoniae, fluoroquinolone-resistant E. coli, and imipenem-resistant P. aeruginosa remained at 16% through 27%, depending on the species. The proportions of vancomycin- resistant E. faecium and imipenem-resistant P. aeruginosa were 18 - 24% and 19-21%, respectively, indicating the seriousness of antimicrobial resistance. In conclusion, the increasing prevalence of resistant bacteria indicates that more concerted effort is required to conserve the usefulness of precious new antimicrobial agents.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.