View : 10 Download: 0
Insulation plan of aluminum curtain wall-fastening unit for high-rise residential complex
- Insulation plan of aluminum curtain wall-fastening unit for high-rise residential complex
- Song S.-Y.; Yi J.-S.; Koo B.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- 송승영; 이준성
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 송승영; 이준성
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Building and Environment
- vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 1310 - 1317
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Aluminum curtain wall system is commonly used in high-rise residential complex. For the energy-efficient curtain wall system, the insulation performance of the fastening unit, which enjoins the curtain wall unit to the slab, should be improved because in Korea, hot water pipes for radiant heating are typically installed on the slab in residential buildings. However, this fastening unit composed of metals with high thermal conductivity, acts as a thermal bridge that increases heat loss. Therefore, in this study, we aim to develop a more effective insulation method for the fastening unit. Three alternative fasteners coated with urethane foam and insulation paint were selected (Case 1: using the existing fastener; Case 2: coating the upper part of fastener with urethane foam; Case 3: coating the entire surface of fastener with insulation paint; Case 4: coating the upper part of fastener with urethane foam and the lower part with insulation paint). The heat loss and economical efficiency of each case were analyzed through the three-dimensional annual transient heat transfer simulation and payback period method, respectively. Case 4, compared to Case 1, was found to show the best performance of reducing the annual heat loss by 8.14%. From an economical efficiency perspective, however, Case 2 was found to have the shortest payback period of 2.27years. © 2007 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 건축공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.