View : 17 Download: 0
Effect of organosulfur compounds on the expression of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase and thyroid hormone level in TCDD-treated rats
- Effect of organosulfur compounds on the expression of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase and thyroid hormone level in TCDD-treated rats
- Hong Y.-S.; Kim H.-L.
- Ewha Authors
- 홍영숙; 김형래
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 홍영숙; 김형래
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Experimental and Molecular Medicine
- Experimental and Molecular Medicine vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 191 - 196
- Document Type
- In this study, we investigated the effect of organosulfur compounds including, diallyl sulfide (DAS), garlic extract, and dially disulfide (DADS) on inducible expression of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT1) and thyroid hormone level in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD)-treated rats. We measured UGT1 gene expression in rat liver and lung tissues after treatments. We found that a correlation was found to exist between UGT1 gene expression and active T4 concentrations. The total concentration of plasma T4 decreased in TCDD-alone treated male and female rats compared to control animals (TCDD-alone < control). Plasma T4 concentration in TCDD + DAS, TCDD + garlic extract and TCDD + DADS treated groups were moderately higher than in TCDD alone animals, but lower than control animals. TCDD + DAS, TCDD + garlic extract and TCDD + DADS moderately increased T4 glucuronidation and moderately reduced total T4. The nonthyroidal nature of thyroid hormone reduction observed in this study extends the evidence for microsomal enzyme inducers as indirect thyroid tumor promoters in rats. Furthermore, the results of present study suggest protective effects of DAS, garlic extract, or DADS on TCDD-induced changes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.